Health Care Resolutions
The Health Care Resolutions Program can help you resolve patient issues in a confidential and neutral setting.
Health Care Resolutions can help resolve issues with health care, such as:
- Dissatisfaction with treatment outcomes or quality of care
- Unexpected/adverse outcomes of care
- Sentinel events
- Medical errors
- Misdiagnosis or delays in diagnosis
- Unexpected death
- Inability to communicate effectively with providers
The goals of Health Care Resolutions are to:
- Resolve complex health care disputes, issues, and concerns at the lowest level, directly, and at the earliest opportunity. Ensure a fair resolution process for all parties - patients, healthcare providers, and 81st Medical Group.
- Incorporate patient, family, and provider input into process improvement initiatives and enhance patient-provider partnership in care delivery.
- Promote organizational transparency and integrity, including training of providers in disclosure techniques.
- Openly and honestly share any unexpected outcomes of care with patients and families. This includes system vulnerabilities and if recognized, a commitment is made to assign improvements.to process owners in the interests of improved and safer functioning consistent with operating as a high reliably organization (HRO).
- Confidentiality. Your identity is never shared without your permission.
- Neutrality and Impartiality. Health Care Resolutions does not take sides in a dispute. Health Care Resolutions aims to achieve the best possible outcome for all.
- Independence. Health Care Resolutions operates throughout all levels at 81st Medical Group and will access any party regarding issues that require his or her attention.
- Informality. Non-adversarial, problem-solving processes are used to resolve disputes. However, using the Health Care Resolutions Program does not limit your right to pursue a formal or legal process.
How does Health Care Resolutions Program help resolve issues?
- Conducts informal fact-finding, facilitates open communication between parties, and offers fair and equitable solutions
- Liaises between patients and physicians regarding quality of care issues; may facilitate mediation sessions with patients and providers
- Negotiates and reasons to analyze the situation and recommends appropriate actions for solutions, while ensuring that all parties understand their options and the processes involved.
In some cases, the 81st
Medical Group leadership is informed of emerging issues while maintaining confidentiality and neutrality.
Who can use the Health Care Resolutions Program?
The Health Care Resolutions Program is available to all beneficiaries, next of kin, and all health care personnel assigned to the facility. Referrals are accepted from any beneficiary or staff members who have patient care issues. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Health Care Resolutions office.